9/15/2010

Our First Furniture Adventure

Matt and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary August 27th. We celebrated with a Redbird's game with our SS class, and we were going to a new hip restaurant called Flight, but soon realized that a $115+ dinner didnt quite sound like us. So, we grilled out steak and shrimp and got to work on a console table for our upstairs hallway. Since the tradional 5th wedding anniverary gift is wood, this idea seemed perfect to us!

I found this site call Knock-Off Wood (ana-white.com). The site is really neat and offers free plans based on Pottery Barn, West Elm, and other sites. I am in love with the site. We are also going to build this
 Modern Farm Table REALLY SOON!

Here is a pic of us working on the table:


Here are the Afters!
We gave it 3 coats of Bombay Mahogany (minwax)


I shopped my house for accessories, however most of this wont stay, except for the Globe, Lamp, Indian, and Trip Jars on the bottom shelf.

We did frame some of Matt's Uncle Rick's Photography.
I have a link on my right sidebar for his gallery.


A close up




We made this table for $28.00
We had the basics like Foam Brushes, Stain, and Tools.

Can't Beat That!




Furniture Feature Fridays

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when I get a minute I am checking out that site! Thanks for posting it!

Turley Times said...

That table is amazing! You must be so happy with it. I know I would be if it was in my house. :)

Hannah

Link Within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin