8/19/2009

DIY Jewelry Display Board

This is a REAL SIMPLE and VERY STYLISH way of displaying your jewelry. I snatched up this idea from Christy at SimplyDwell, who i found from younghouselove.com.








Materials:

Cork Board....you choose size...mine was 17X23

Fabric that you LOVE.....I bought a yard, which was WAY to much

Coordinating Ribbon

Push Pins

Cup Hooks

Composite Wood Trim or Moulding (OPTIONAL)

Stapler or Hot Glue Gun

Here is what I did.....and for less than $10 bucks!!!

1.) Cut fabric to size, stretch and staple or hot glue gun down

2.) Cut ribbon the length of cork board. I did 4 rows, but could have fit 5.

3.) Secure with push pins about 2 inches apart. Stagger the pins on the next row...(CUTE Detail)

4.) Place Ribbon about 2 1/2 inches apart, that way your earrings shouldn't overlap

5.) Screw cup hooks at the bottom for bangles, bracelets, and necklaces

6.) OPTIONAL: I chose to add moulding around the cork board to add a framed look (thanks Ronnie). To do this, just cut moulding to size. The Angles can be tricky, but you can do it. You could also sand and stain the original frame of the cork board.

Hang earrings from the ribbon in between the push pins :)

Thanks to my SWEET husband Matt for cutting the moulding for me!!!
Give it a TRY and let me know if you do!!




2 comments:

Ann and Billy said...

So cute. I think I have a spare cork board around here somewhere. I might have to try this.

granma said...

that is to cute. you know i have lots of jewelry. i'm going to make me one. i love you, granma

Link Within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin