9/09/2009

DIY Herb and Spice Labels

I LOVE BASKETS!! I bought these baskets at Hobby Lobby For $1.20 each at 80% off (thanks Lindsey!!) although I didn't have anywhere to put these yet. But, ask Matt, I always find uses for everything, especially if it involves organizing :).


I had all my herbs and spices in the cabinet above the microwave, and even though it was organized, it was a PAIN. You had to pull all the spices down just to find 1.


I decided to put the baskets on top of my fridge along with the spices. The idea for labels didn't come until Saturday night at 9 pm :D!!

This is what I did.........so SIMPLE and CUTE and FUNCTIONABLE!!




I gathered these materials:
Ribbon
Scissors
Hole Punch (I used a pen :))

Typed Spice Labels

Scrapbook Paper




1.) I typed out all the spices and herbs according to how often I use them and categories. Baking, Special Seasonings, etc


2.) I used the ribbon carton as my circle guide and traced around it on the back of the scrapbook paper. Cut it out.


3.) I then, cut around the spice label into a squiggly pattern and taped it down onto the paper.


4.) Punch a hole in the paper and string some ribbon through the top. I then weaved it through the baskets and tied a bow!! SO SIMPLE!!!









Finished Product!! What do you think??



I recently found this blog called Along the way with K and J. She is having a giveaway today!! It's some pretty neat notecards!! Check out Katie's blog to find out how you can enter!!

Stop by tommorrow, I am having my first little GIVEAWAY!!


No comments:

Link Within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin