9/22/2009

Super Simple Stuffed Peppers



This recipe is so easy, looks gourmet,
and delivers excellent flavor!!


***Do Not let all the steps scare you, It is SIMPLE, I promise***


Ingredients:
4 large bell peppers ( I use Green....They are cheaper)
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 Onion, diced
1lb Ground Beef or Turkey (I use Turkey)
1 can diced tomatoes
1/4 tsp each seasoned salt & garlic salt
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
pepper
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
White or Brown Minute Rice


Steps:

1.) Bring pot of water to boil (enough to cover 4 bell peppers)

2.) Cut of tops of bell peppers and slice a thin piece off the bottoms (be careful not to cut through) this is to help them stand up nicely!!

3.) Place them in boiling water for about 12-15min just until tender ( if you leave them to long, they will fall apart.....SEE PIC BELOW)


This is what happenes if you overcook the peppers....we had Simple Stuffed Pepper MUSH that night :-)


*****OPTIONAL***** Place bell peppers in crock pot with enough water to cover them for 2-2 1/2 hours. Then Proceed...

4.) Warm oil over medium heat and add diced onion. Cook for about 3 min. Add meat and cook until no longer pink.

5.) Stir in diced tomatoes. Simmer until most of liquid has evaporated.

6.) Preheat Broiler to High

7.) Add herbs and spices

8.) Drain peppers and let cool 3 min.

9.) Fill each pepper with meat mixture

10.) Arrange in Broiler pan and sprinkle with bread crumbs and drizzle lightly with olive oil.

11.) Broil 3 Min. Top with Mozzarella Cheese.

12.) Serve over hot cooked white or brown rice!!

Pair this YUMMY meal with hot dinner rolls and sweet corn!!

ENJOY!!

2 comments:

Its So Very Cheri said...

Hey Ashlee-
It's Cheri from Its So Very Cheri.

I had someone have to drop out of the home tour because of a family death and I thought, especially since you don't have kiddos yet, you might be able to do this, if not you can get ready for next week. Let me know either way-OK. E-mail me (I didn't see an e-mail on here.)I have info I need to send you.
Thanks,
Cheri
cheri.peoples@live.com

Natalie said...

My grandmother has always made these and Kate loves them! I always wondered how they were made and now I know!

Link Within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin