10/20/2009

Ashlee's YUMMY Chicken Salad

This is a recipe that I achieved on my own...
by dissecting the restaraunt NEWKS chicken salad :)

INGREDIENTS:
**2-3 cooked shredded chicken
**Black or Green Grapes-sliced-1 Cup
**Chopped Pecans-2oz
**2-3 Celery Ribs-sliced thin
**Celery Salt- 1 1/2 tsp
**Salt & Pepper to taste
** Mayo- to taste (we do not like alot)

HOW TO:
1.) Cook chicken in slow cooker for 3-4 hours on low with chicken broth and bay leaves. Let Cool and Shred



2.) Slice grapes and add to chicken salad

3.)Add Chopped Pecans

4.) Slice Celery into thin slices

5.) Add celery salt, salt and pepper



6.) Add Mayo
 to Taste!!

7.) ENJOY!!!

*****I accidentally deleted some of the step pictures(and cant find them ) =(.....I'm Sorry*****
Do you have a favorite chicken salad recipe?


I am Linking To:






7 comments:

Unknown said...

I am a huge fan of chicken salad. Your version looks delish!!

Blessings!
Gail

Live.Love.Eat said...

This is almost like a waldorf chicken salad but with pecans instead of walnuts. I have been wanting to make one at home too and this is the push I needed! Thanks.

Unknown said...

I love leftover chicken, you can do so much with it. I also cook 2 chickens so I can have lots of leftovers. I like the idea of pecans in this salad. THANKS!!! for sharing. Geri

Sarah @ Hennessey House said...

thanks for stopping by my blog! and i am going to try this recipe, i LOVE chicken salad with pecans and grapes :) thanks for posting!

Delightful Dwelling said...

Oooh looks yummy!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Sounds good. My fave chicken salad recipe calls for grapes too! We just got a NEWKS on our town, recently. Thanks for linking to TMTT.

Cole said...

Your recipe for chicken salad is a lot like mine, but I add dill and don't use grapes.

Thanks so much for sharing with TATT!

Link Within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin