6/25/2010

Splash of Color-Part 6-Master Bathroom-Paint

This is part one....

For my birthday, I asked my husband for a master bathroom makeover. It is one of the rooms that we havent touched since we have moved in 18 months ago
with the exception of adding a dramatic tile surround .

I didn't neccesarily want to paint the whole bathroom,
especially the with the ideas that I had. It would be too much.

I wanted to add a focal wall in our bathroom that I could accesorize with. I have always loved Behr's Cozumel (esp. since Cozumel is one of Matt's and My favorite places).
It would just be too much if I painted the entire bathroom.


If you have read some of my decor adventures in the past, then you know how much I LOVE moulding.
It adds so much.

I already had this Van Gogh Cherry Blossom canvas that I found at Old Time Pottery awhile back.
 I just used that for inspiration.


I decided to paint a large section of the wall above our jacuzzi tub.
We also added some white molding, the canvas, and some wall sconces.

Here are the before pics:





AFTER:


Stay tuned! We also added some moulding around the mirror above our cabinets, added bead board to the front of the tub, added some new rugs, accessories and a tutorial for a fabric window covering!!

I am linking up HERE!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can see it much better on your blog than I could on your camera. It looks great! What a huge difference from when you first moved in. I have so many ideas for the jacuzzi space in our bathroom but first things first...Adeline needs her room to be complete. I would love to tile behind our tub so if we ever get around to it we may be enlisting Matt's help! I can't wait to see the beadboard, I was just looking at the front of our tub and thinking it looked dated. Maybe we just need to stop by and take a tour in person ;)

Link Within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin