2/16/2011

Nursery Progress: Color Scheme and Theme

 We are going with a bright and cheery nursery theme for Baby Levi with an owl emphasis.

I found this cute fabric through ETSY.

 With the owl fabric, I am going to make curtains for him. We already have dark wood blinds and his room is at the back on the house that doesnt get sun until the late afternoon, so I am not concerned with needing to have it lined.


This geometric fabric, I will use to make a pillow for the glider and ottoman, and a crib blanket.


I will make a crib skirt out of this fun striped fabric.



I will register for these dark crib sheets, and I found this navy one through BabiesRUs.




Here is another photo of Levi's crib.
This bookshelf is one of ANA's plans and will be too cute filled with all the children's classic books.
We will most likely paint this green.

We already bought the lumber and supplies for this too!




Another one of Ana's plans,
This 6 cube storage shelf will come in handy for some much needed organization!
We will stain it a deep espresso color to match his crib and fill it with bright blue and green storage cubes.

We have already started working on this!



We found the perfect color cubes at Lowe's this weekend.
I didnt want baby blue or light green. So these were a perfect match to the fabric above.
The blue is actually a bit deeper than this pic.



I found this mural on ETSY, and it will be an accent wall.


The branches will be graphite gray (last one first row on color chart)
The owls will be green (fourth one on third row)
The birds will be blue (second one on fifth row) 


We will put this monogram and name combo above Levi's crib.
Not sure on colors yet.


Above the 6 cube storage dresser, we will have a photo wall with all kinds of random photos, including this digital print from BowerPower.


We took this Glider and Ottoman off  my in laws hands for $50.00 Score!
I would like to put a lamp behind it and add basket for all his blankets.





And lastly,
I would like to add a dimmer so that in the middle of the night, Levi or myself will not be blinded by the light.



So!
This is Levi's Nursery theme.
We have already put the crib together, added the glider/ottoman, bought storage cubes, ordered the wall mural, ordered the curtain fabric, ordered the crib skirt/blanket/pillow fabric, bought lumber and supplies for the 6 cube storage chest and bookcase.................
and that was just in one weekend!

I am excited to see it come together and hopefully soon, I would hate to have things to do when I am huge and cant move around much!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a tip. If you think you might want to line his curtains the EASIEST and cheapest way to do it is to buy a white queen or king size flat sheet and just cut it down to the size you need then stitch them together. Really is it super easy and maybe an extra $5-$10. LOVE his room ideas! Can't wait to see it all come together!

Anna said...

I like all of the things you have picked! Can't wait to see the finished project!

Link Within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin